Students who are determined by Undergraduate Admission to be the strongest applicants within the context of UCLA's holistic process review are invited to apply for the Regents Scholarship. Of these students, 100 students receive the offer of scholarship.
The application itself is separate from the UC application, and consists of two short personal essays and a letter of recommendation. The application review and selection process is conducted by the faculty advisors to the Regents Scholar Society.
The Scholarship itself consists of:
- A $2000 honorarium, provided ex gratia as well as an amount of financial aid sufficient to meet the needs of the scholar
- Preferential pre-enrollment in UCLA courses
- Guaranteed on-campus housing for four years as long as the application is submitted by the Housing deadline
- Guaranteed on-campus parking for scholars that submit the Parking/Transportation application by their perspective deadlines.
- Eligibility to join the Regents Scholar Society
However, the recipient of the scholarship must maintain a cumulative GPA at or above 3.0 in order to continue to receive the benefits of the scholarship.